The Seward Skate Park is located in Moffitt Park. The skate park equipment was donated to the City by the Seward Skate Park Association, a volunteer group of skateboard enthusiasts who worked very hard to get this facility up and running.
City of Seward Skate Park Rules
- Hours of operation: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm. The Skate Park should not be used if unsuitable conditions exist (surface wet, icy or snow covered). Unauthorized use outside of Skate Park open hours will be prosecuted for trespassing.
- Skaters under the age of 7 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Supervision is encouraged for all skaters under the age of 18. The City of Seward will not be responsible for providing supervision for the Skate Park. Skating is at your own risk!
- Skate Park is limited to skateboarders and rollerblade/inline-skaters only-BMX bikers not allowed.
- All skaters are required to wear personal protective equipment, including helmet, knee pads and elbow pads and wrist supports. All skaters must wear shirts and proper shoes.
- Loose items such as backpacks, bookbags, etc. are not permitted inside of the skating area. Spectators without protective equipment are not allowed inside skating area.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the skating area. Drugs, alcohol and smoking are prohibited in skating area as well as use of profanity or abusive language. Reckless conduct, loud music, disorderly behavior will not be tolerated at any time.
- Both experienced and inexperienced skaters use the facility. Serious injury may result from being hit by a skateboard, falling or colliding. The City of Seward does not assume responsibility for injuries.
- Skaters should inspect Skate Park equipment prior to use to ensure that it is safe and notify City personnel of any problems (Seward Recreation Department 643-3511). Skaters should also remove any trash or debris that may be present before skating.
- No pets allowed inside the skating area.
- Additional rules and regulations that may be deemed necessary may be authorized by City personnel – both written and verbal.
- The City of Seward reserves the right to remove any person from the Skate Park facility if he or she is acting in an inappropriate manner.