340 South 7th St.
Recycling Center Hours
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am – 10:00 am (with volunteer help)
The Recycling Center will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24, 2016, Saturday, December 24, 2016 and Monday, January 16, 2017.
The honor system will be used by the public for deposit of their recyclables. For questions, please call Street/Transportation/Recycling Superintendent Mel Aldrich at 402-643-4000, Option 2.
- Glossy Paper (tied in bundles or placed flat in brown grocery bag)
- Cardboard (tied in flat bundles & placed flat in trailer)
- Plastic (Numbers 1 through 7 plastic containers)
- Steel (tin) cans (washed, remove label & lids)
- Batteries (automotive, with no holes & lids on)
- Computer paper (bag in grocery sacks, separate from other paper & no staples)
The Recycling Center, donated by the Izaac Walton League, is owned and operated by the City of Seward. On Saturdays the center is staffed by volunteer workers from different local service organizations.