CITY OF SEWARD
OPEN DUE TO STAFF RETIREMENT
LIBRARY ASSISTANT I: COMMUNITY OUTREACH – $12.50 – $14.60/hr
Part-time, Regular (no health benefits) position with the City of Seward at the Seward Memorial Library, 233 S. 5th Street, for approx. 25-30 hours per week; hours may vary and include evenings and/or weekends.
Essential duties include:
- Development and promotion of ongoing home delivery, volunteer and outreach programs;
- Shelving and other basic library duties;
- Inventory and processing of new materials;
- Using City computers for various library aspects;
- Assisting patrons in-house, over the phone or with computers;
- Light cleaning; and more.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb step stools and kneel to the floor, keyboard 40 wpm accurately.
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or equivalent with 2 years of applicable education and/or work experience.
Must meet minimum qualifications. Learn more about the library.
Seward City Hall | 537 Main St. | P.O. Box 38 | Seward, NE 68434 (402-643-2928).
Applications accepted until filled—application review begins September 20 with interviews scheduled as appropriate. Reasonable accommodations available for persons needing assistance in completing application & should be made at time of application. All positions of employment with the City of Seward are subject to a Veteran’s Preference. EOE/ADA
Return Completed Application to:
Seward Memorial Library
233 S. 5th St.
Seward, NE 68434